This article will guide job aspirants about the use of LinkedIn as a job search tool. And how they can boost their LinkedIn profiles to get hired in their dream companies.
In 2003, LinkedIn launched with the mission of connecting professionals and the workforce across the globe. And today, in 2021, it has over 740 million members in more than 200 countries and territories. With 57M+ companies listed on the site and 15M+ open jobs, LinkedIn is the world's largest professional platform.
Every week 40M folks use this platform to find jobs and every minute three people get hired on LinkedIn. As a result, needless to say, 87% of recruiters use LinkedIn during the hiring process.
Talking about the U.S. in particular, LinkedIn has witnessed a 6X increase in the number of remote job postings from March to December 2020.
Are you wondering why I am sharing these statistics with you?
Because in this digital era, if you are struggling to find a job that fits your career goal, LinkedIn is your one-stop solution. It can drastically improve your job search and help you land in dream companies like Facebook, Amazon, Apple, Netflix, Google, and many more.
So Join me below and find out how you can leverage your LinkedIn profile to find a job.
Create a profile that helps you get noticed.
Do you know that complete LinkedIn profiles are 40 times more likely to attract opportunities? 🤯
Using LinkedIn to its full potential can be a game-changing move of your career. But you can only reap its benefits after creating a perfect profile on this platform.
Optimize your LinkedIn profile by following these tips:
1. Pick a professional profile photo.
2. Write an engaging headline.
3. Craft a summary that communicates your unique story, accomplishments, and professional journey.
4. Use the “Featured” section to show off your work, projects, written books, and blogs.
5. Include your experiences. Also, share your responsibilities and achievements for each position.
6. Optimize your education section.
7. Add relevant licenses and certifications.
8. Highlight your skills and get endorsed by your network.
9. Ask colleagues, co-workers, clients, and other professionals for recommendations on your profile.
10. Last but not least, showcase your volunteer experience.
Pro tip: Customise your public LinkedIn URL with your name.
And if you are looking for a detailed explanation on these topics then keep an eye on our blog. We will be coming soon with a complete guide, covering each of these points in detail. Moreover, you can choose FAANGPath services to increase our LinkedIn profile visibility by 80%. Our team at FAANGPath will not only review your LinkedIn profile but also optimize it with the right keywords and best LinkedIn features.
Create a professional network.
Now that you have optimized your LinkedIn profile, the next step is to build a professional network. But it's very important that you strategically grow your network rather than blindly sending people connection invites.
Here are five pro tips that will help you make meaningful connections and build a smart network.
1. Lay the foundation of your network by connecting with LinkedIn members who already share a professional relationship with you like former co-workers, bosses, and clients.
2. Connect with mentors, influencers, and like-minded professionals from your industry. This may skyrocket your career.
3. Start the conversation with your first-degree connections and get noticed by your network.
4. Join LinkedIn groups and take part in relevant discussions.
5. Search for your college Alumni. Filter the list and look for the people who work in the company of your interest.
Pro tip: Use your profile headline to announce that you are actively seeking job opportunities.
Related: The Art of Networking on LinkedIn
Follow the LinkedIn pages of your target companies.
Prepare a list of your dream companies and follow them on LinkedIn. It is the best way to keep an eye on their business. Engage with content shared by these companies to stay updated about new trends in the industry. You can also create job alerts for positions that match your requirements so you can get notified when the company has job postings of your interests.
Also, recruiters and hiring managers can see the people who have interacted with their company’s social media pages. Thus, this will help get noticed and give an edge over other job applicants.
Reach out to recruiters and hiring managers.
According to the LinkedIn official blog, job applicants are 4X more likely to get an interview call and 9X more likely to get hired by the company when they are referred by any of their connections.
And connecting with potential employers is the best way to get referred to your dream company.
Send them personalized invitations stating your purpose. But always keep it simple and to the point. If possible, schedule a quick call and chat with recruiters. And don’t hesitate to request a referral. Always remember, "if you don't ask, the answer is always no".
Pro tip: Follow up with the hiring manager through a message or email after you apply for any open position in their company.
Use the LinkedIn “Jobs” section.
Click on the “jobs” tab on the LinkedIn homepage.
As you land on this page, follow these steps:
1. Based on your profile and search history, LinkedIn recommends jobs. Check these jobs first.
2. Make use of the "Job Search" tool. And browse jobs by title, skill, company, or location.
3. Refine your search results using top filters, keywords, and other advanced options.
4. Check the job description and do some research about the company, to detect fake job postings.
5. Now apply for a job that matches your expectations and career goals. You can also save the job for later using the “Save” button.
Pro tip: Use the “Send InMail” feature to contact the job poster.
All the best!
In this fast-moving industry and cut-throat competition, finding a good job is a tough task. But an optimized LinkedIn profile can change the game for you. So while searching for your next job keep these points in your mind:
- Create a profile that helps you get noticed.
- Create a professional network.
- Follow the LinkedIn pages of your dream company.
- Reach out to recruiters and hiring managers.
- Use the “Jobs” section of LinkedIn.
Select FAANGPath LinkedIn makeover service and boost the chances of getting your dream job. Our LinkedIn Makeovers are the best in the market and one of the only to include profile photo touch-ups.
So what are you waiting for?